The Infection Diseases programme focuses on reducing infectious diseases and promoting patient safety for all residents in the border region between the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany (the border region). For instance, attention is being paid to (multi)resistant pathogens such as:
- the so-called hospital bacteria;
- hygienic measures;
- protocols for patient safety.
Examples of this programme's activities are:
- developing a cross-border network of expertise;
- research into preventing MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) and other infectious diseases;
- developing the ‘Patient Safety Quality Seal (Hygiene and Prevention of Infections) for hospitals, nursing homes and rehabilitation centres.
Events - Retrospect
December 20, 2021
Final conference ‘The impact of COVID-19 on the Meuse-Rhine Euroregion’
November 5, 2021
First result of project “euPrevent COVID-19” revealed
November 3, 2021
Great similarities between countries of the Meuse-Rhine Euroregion: Interim results on the impact of COVID-19 on the border region