The Infection Diseases programme focuses on reducing infectious diseases and promoting patient safety for all residents in the border region between the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany (the border region). For instance, attention is being paid to (multi)resistant pathogens such as:
- the so-called hospital bacteria;
- hygienic measures;
- protocols for patient safety.
Examples of this programme's activities are:
- developing a cross-border network of expertise;
- research into preventing MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) and other infectious diseases;
- developing the ‘Patient Safety Quality Seal (Hygiene and Prevention of Infections) for hospitals, nursing homes and rehabilitation centres.
Events - Soon
Events - Retrospect
February 9, 2021
‘Beyond Borders: Breakfast Debate’ on Public service delivery and cooperation during the COVID-19 pandemic
December 19, 2020
Assignment 'Corona research in the border region of North Rhine-Westphalia-Netherlands'
October 5, 2020
COVID-19: A new series of COVIDnars by WHO RHN