Professionals needed a cross-border quality instrument to help organisations to examine and improve their chosen policy and activities. HEPS tool for Schools (Healthy Eating and Physical activities at Schools) is an existing, validated quality instrument that was developed by 18 universities in the EU. The instrument underwent further development for this project:
- The instrument has been translated into the three EMR languages: German, French and Dutch.
- The instrument has been digitised, which means it is permanently available for everyone.
Read under HEPCOM projects about the continued deployment of the HEPS tool after this project.
Sustainable, euregional collaboration, currently in this project. In the future, it will also involve other health topics. That was the aim of this cross-border collaboration. People from different levels were brought together: politicians, policy-makers, intermediaries and the adolescents themselves.
- During the project, young people from the entire EMR acted jointly as a sounding board. They found one another on social media.
- Intermediaries in the field of preventing obesity exchanged knowledge, experience and innovative projects.
- At the end of the project, the network had grown to encompass 193 organisations. In addition to the original project partners, other organisations from the fields of government, education, research, health care and services were actively involved in the project.
- In future, the collaboration between EMR politicians and between EMR policy officials could be used for other topics too. The euPrevent Foundation | EMR was formed in 2010 to guarantee the sustainability of this cross-border collaboration.