euPrevent conforms closely with the policy and objectives of the EGTC Euregio Meuse-Rhine, the participants of which are five EMR sub-regions:
• the Flemish province Limburg
• the Walloon province Liege
• the German-speaking community
• the western part of the Regierungsbezirk Köln (North Rhine-Westphalia area).
In the Netherlands:
• the southern part of the province Limburg
The Euregio Meuse-Rhine stretches across the borders of three countries and three languages. German, French and Dutch are spoken in the region. Each of the five sub-regions have their own rules and views on how to organise health care and the prevention of disease. The population of 4 million is relatively homogeneous in terms of age distribution, social-economic situation, life-style and health profile. As a result the EMR can develop into a European laboratory for cross-border prevention and care innovation.