euPrevent conforms closely with the policy and objectives of the EGTC Euregio Meuse-Rhine, the participants of which are five border region sub-regions:
• the Flemish province Limburg
• the Walloon province Liege
• the German-speaking community
• the western part of the Regierungsbezirk Köln (North Rhine-Westphalia area).
In the Netherlands:
• the southern part of the province Limburg
The border region stretches across the borders of three countries and three languages. German, French and Dutch are spoken in the region. Each of the five sub-regions have their own rules and views on how to organise health care and the prevention of disease. The population of 4 million is relatively homogeneous in terms of age distribution, social-economic situation, lifestyle and health profile. As a result, the border region can develop into a European laboratory for cross-border prevention and care innovation.